Tuna Casserole (without canned soup)
- 2 packages of boil in the bag Rice
- 1 package Wild rice
- 2 cups of cooked English peas (optional)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 T flour
- 4 T All purpose flour (Self-rising will work too)
- 2 T butter
- ¼ t black pepper
- ¼ t salt
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredding cheddar cheese for the topping.
- Boil the rice and English peas according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour.
- Once the mixture becomes thick and bubbly add 2 cups of chicken broth whisking continuously. Add seasonings and cheese.
- Mix in the cooked rice and large can of tuna.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with 1.2 cups of cheese.
- Bake at 35o degrees for 20-30 minutes!
- 8-10 servings
copyright 2017 Let My Light Shine Bright.com